days one two and three of kids clothes week have been fairly industrious - however it has revealed to me that I am a very slow sewer!
on day one I started on this pair of bloomers from lotta jansdotter's simple sewing for baby.
the seam ripper made an appearance when i sewed the bias binding on upside down.
on day two i finished the bloomers (will have to revisit at the end of the week as the elastic in the legs is a little snug!)
and then i pulled out the pieces for this dress, cut out nearly a year ago for S, now far too small for her, but H will grow into it. re-did the pocket friend and got as far as sewing the bias binding onto the armholes.
day three saw a trip to spotlight to pick up some more elastic, trims and i might just have purchased a little more fabric! on returning home day three saw the finish of the simple dress - and i love it! i can't wait for it to fit H.
i'm really pleased with it, yes there are a few puckery bits on the bias bits around the armholes and neck, but i can look past those! i added a special little name tag and instead of using a button and ribbon look, i sewed contrasting ribbon to the neckline for the closure.
and i'm so in love with the pocket friend - i think every pocket should have one!