"prettyfying" (my own word) the girls rooms continues - here is and embroidery which I finished a while ago, but only just got around to framing and hanging.
it coordinates with the quilt for H which i will hopefully have finished next week
i drew my own pattern based on the matryoshkas from the quilt fabric and then used badbird's heart embroidery pattern as an inspiration for the patterns on the doll's body. Andrea's free embroidery patterns are awesome, and on my pre-christmas to do list is definitely this tree embroidery, and another prettyfy project involves these fab unicorns for S's room
Thursday, April 21, 2011
here she is so far!
my first complete block.
had a few issues with getting it to line up, i sewed Q1 and Q2 together and then Q3 and Q4 together but then the rings were nowhere near matching up so i had to take a bit out of the centre seam and use lots of pins. hopefully blocks one through 19 go together a little more easily.
tonight will be spent laying out the blocks on our giant rug. because i've used scraps, no ring quarter is the same and i want to get colour and value balance right in each ring and across the quilt as well a making sure the same fabrics don't sit too close to each other - this could take a while!
head on over to the flickr group to see some serious single girl loveliness!