welllllllllllll, i did manage to sew for an hour a day, but i don't have a lot to show for it. i went for quality over quantity and tried to focus on the details.
inspired by these gorgeous shorts, i set about making a girly pair.
lots of faffing around later et voila!
i used this tutorial on made, really good and i'll definitely be making some more, think i'll try the lined trousers next time with some old t-shirts for the lining.
things i've learned - sew pockets onto trouser panels before sewing the trousers together!
and i made harriet a matching pair.
i just traced an old pair of shorts to make a pattern, and i'm really pleased with how they turned out, i think i'll make some more adding a little bit into the bum and the rise and they'll be perfect!
i even made little name tags for them both, i just stamped onto cotton webbing using ink which once ironed will stand the up to the washing machine.
i still have lots of stuff i want to make so i think i'll continue my own personal kids clothes challenge for the next few weeks..... but first i need a week on a thai beach......