Friday, May 8, 2015

Flashback Friday - Miss H's Quilt

Miss H's first quit which I finished just after when she was six months old was a bit too small for a big girl bed. So for her birthday last year I whipped up this number.

                          

It's lots and lots of three inch squares, in a simple patchwork. Kind of an eye spy quilt. Lots of fun prints mixed with a few neutrals. I tried to keep it low-ish volume and stuck to warm colours


For the backing, I pieced together a few bit which had been in my stash for a while, a great  japanese cheater print which I bought in Chinatown in Singapore, and a pint spot fabric from Spotlight in Singapore. Bound in red and white striped (heavily influence by Rita from Red Pepper Quilts - like a lots of my quilts!)



And here it is sitting happily on her big girl bed.




2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt. I have been saving 4" squares from most fabrics I use with the aim of doing something like this.

    ReplyDelete