Friday, January 30, 2015

family name cushions

we were invited to a friends UK wedding back in may (they actually got married in South Africa - but had a party when they got back) and as there was no gift list, and it was a fairly informal affair I wasn't sure what to get as a gift........

so i decided to make them a family name cushion, after much practicing of my cursive hand writing, and many attempts at drawing it out, i was finally happy with it, and set about embroidering in a lovely soft charcoal, onto white fabric from ikea.

i even managed my first ever zip!


then i had quite a bit of interest from friends as was commissioned to do a few as christmas presents, and finally got around to making one for my brother and sister in law. i forgot to take a picture but the back is made up of these great prints i bought way back one, half is italian (my sister in law is half italian) and had london/british fabric



i'm quite pleased with the look of them, and might add them to my etsy shop which i might one day get around to stocking and opening!



No comments:

Post a Comment