Wednesday, June 29, 2011

toyko subway map quilt

finally finished, only started it about 9 months ago!!!!

tokyo subway map quilt
please excuse the dreadful photo i really must find a better way of photographing large quilts

but she's finished and i love her! she's awesome, thank you elizabeth for such a great pattern and quilt along.

tokyo subway map quilt

made using lots of scraps and fabric from my stash (although an emergency trip to spotlight was called for after a complete lack of any grey in my stash was noted) and the white is an ikea sheet

tokyo subway map quilt

i loved the quilting so much on the original quilt, i went with the same straight line quilting, although i didn't stitch in the ditch (partly because i forgot, and by the time i realised i really couldn't be a***d to go back and fill it all in!!!)

the cutting of the squares took long time, as did sewing the 1600 pieces together, but it was well worth it!

and the back is some ikea houses fabric, along with some blah blah blah fabric which i think is from timeless treasures, along with a small piece of black and grey to make it big enough.

tokyo subway map quilt back

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt.I love the idea of using the house sheet for backing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, very impressive work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too I think it looks great! I like the bright colours with the white!
    Greetings
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that's wonderful - such patience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blah, blah, blah fabric always makes me smile. :) I love this quilt. Maybe someday I'll actually make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. You did a great job putting it together and I love the straight line quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely piece. And I think the houses and blah blah make fantastic backing.

    ReplyDelete